Friday, October 10, 2008


Girl{y} Friday, time to chill and enjoy the finer things in life. You must agree that a garden should have its special areas just to recharge and rekindle your vital senses even if it is just for 5 minutes. We have created such a spot and it also helps to have a stimulating view from the kitchen sink.


I nicknamed this area Antoni Gaudi meets miniature Fontana di Trevi. The affects of travels before and after.

Had to have my hands in some of the tiles {creating & painting} and funnily enough my dearest put the puzzle pieces together and realized that it is immense therapeutic fun. Here I declare myself defeated because mosaics, like puzzles are not my strengths.









All in the detail of the tiles



Decided to try my hand again with ‘shooting’ running water and realized this ‘happy snapper’ camera: Sony DSC-H2 can ‘paint’.





The play of the 2 thin copper pipes splattering the small trickly amount of water onto a tiled background really lend itself well for all these strange abstracts.





So if anyone would like a Gaudi/Trevi fountain commissioned, leave your name and number at the tone and the keys to your Italian villa and the Ferrari…Okay so the cappuccino is ice-cold and the birds stole the biscotti….nice weekend everybody.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Easy on the Grappa sis !

Steffi said...

Really good pictures!I like the mosaic art!Very good!
Have a great weekend too,Anja!

Steffi