Tuesday, June 30, 2009

End of June already?
The neglect, somewhere out there is still a blog of mine, while I have been absorbed with my flickr. How on earth do people maintain all these goodies, do they still have a life out there and make time to smell the roses?
When time marches on like this, I become more aware of what surrounds me or rather what happens in that specific time frame that I happen to be in a certain place. Like this afternoon for instance, these where just a few little snapshots that I picked up at the beach in a few minutes. Yes, we have been blessed with an exceptional warm, windless winter day and if you don’t grab it, what’s the point. There are smoke breaks, tea breaks, lunchtime, exercise time etc and then there is’ me’ time or ‘our’ time.

Time has wings and marches on.

Still water?

Or would you prefer sparkling?

Special 'our' time and me?

Just ordinary folk having fun in the winter sun; just so that you don't think ,that's not me... Muizenberg Surfers corner and train in the background, one of the most scenic everyday routes in South Africa. Just another afternoon of what surrounds me but keeps me going when the next cold front decides to play havoc....These images where taken with little digital still camera and I dare say not to shabby for something that you cannot tweak at the lens...

1 comment:

Steffi said...

Really nice post ,Anja!And very beautiful photo´s!I like such snapshots.
If you are in my garden at the moment you could smell the roses!It´s so hot here at the moment! I don´t like it...
Have a nice day!Enjoy your "winter"!

Sunny greetings,
Steffi