Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Innocently I was preparing a post about flies. Curiously strange and maybe not so wise just a part of our summer life, never the less. So I’m busy downloading the images that I shot for this story and a strange smell, like wet ash, started to occupy the airwaves. It is unfortunately the time for fires to flare up in the Cape but this is now right under my nose. Yes, the PC “box” was smoking, the shots were that hot. {Have to blow my own trumpet, just kidding, after effects…}

The result is that now we have developed a smokescreen {saver}. Anyone interested, please leave your used Euros, Pounds and Dollars at the above e-mail. (Profile). Okay, so it’s just a good old fashioned fly- door, the ones you nostalgically remember from the butchers in those curious places in the country. Strangely at the sea with all the wind, I possess a fly door and would be lost without it, no, I’m not a butcher nor a fish monger.







Furthermore, the food and liquids get covered by these “fly- covers”. Always enjoy how the beads are niftily crafted by the local people and of course” ways with shells” at the ocean…







Do you still want to hurt a fly, just look at that smile. Luckily they are made of Ceramics. You didn’t seriously think I was going to give you a big, live green African Fly? Those are for the chameleons, lizards, frogs and whoever else needs them in their diet.








Just a strange still life, squashed ceramic fly between horns, or rather in a very tight spot, I dare say it’s all a bit weird but hey that’s life, just like the flies and the peculiar phrases we use them in. And hoping to succeed in placing them in another light...








I'm watching you.





3 comments:

Steffi said...

Very interesting post,Anja!I find the ceramic fly very cute!
Have a nice weekend!I hope everything is okay!

Wendren said...

The fly is cute. I really enjoyed reading your post too. I like how you write. :)

Anja F. C. said...

Thanks Steffi & Wendren for your kind encouraging comments, they are priceless.

Anja