Friday, January 30, 2009

White Field Day:

A late flowering, white Agapanthus {indigenous plant} was demanding my attention lately, every time I passed it I said to myself, I must “shoot” it. The white flowers viewed from above reminded me of puffed up bridal dresses but eventually the angle I decided on made me realize what an intense blue sky was on display today. No touch ups or changes; just good old fashioned honest blue. Then I decided to search for other white blossoms in the garden and what a field day.




The Myrtle bush is in full “bee-swing” blossoms but another pollinator, a serious beetle, stirring up some interest in this frame. Notice the little white dots to fool as another pair of eyes.










Even the end of a common peppermint herb, tiny white blossoms.








Again, small bell like flowers against that “untouched” perfect blue sky.








What can I say, the strawberries are still producing. Its way passed their official season, happy hardworking fellows.








Even the peppers are hard at work, its going to take a while for this particular one to reach maturity, but luckily some are ready for us to enjoy. It’s indescribable to have this beautiful, perfect specimen evoking the senses: the smell, the texture, the taste, the crunch of water kept in those cells and the knowing it’s been growing under your eyes organically, safely.








Well, otherwise this chap, the cape dwarf chameleon would not be here. Holding on for dear life in the very delicate coriander bush {also with white fluffy flowers and seeds} concentrating, seriously rotating those eyes of 360 degrees turn, what envy.


Enjoy the weekend and keep an eye on those little creatures…

1 comment:

Steffi said...

Wow...Anja brillant pictures of your flowers in your garden.And such perfect blue sky!Wonderful!Here looks everything grey,grey and grey.Really bad mood weather and it´s so cold!I have a little flu and I can´t go to my work...I am sick at home :/!

Have a nice weekend!
Steffi