Wednesday, February 11, 2009


Getting caught up with Valentine?

Just another take on this strange day of celebration. The heart shape and its origin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_(symbol) Somewhere else I came across the fact that the ivy leaf was also an inspiration on drawing the heart shape. Hence the ivy leaf detail on a plate and a plant holder I have made some time ago.







It is also inspiring to see local ceramic artist that are making use of the blog. If you check Clementina’s blog {on my bloglist} have a look at John Shirley, Elsbeth Burkhalter and last but definitely not least Eugene Hon; since I’ve studied Ceramics, many moons ago, I have been a" secret admirer" of his work and its wonderful to see the ceramic sculptures from those days all categorically placed on a wonderful blog. Unfortunately I was not one of his students at the time, different institution...

Keep an eye on this space as I conjure up more
light-hearted takes on the matters of the heart leading up to this 'economic' day of Valentines.


No comments: