Monday, September 8, 2008

It looks like I have to start "blommetjie" [little flower] blog; but bear with me,it's Monday and it's grim, grey and raining again. Besides this is internationally famous, people visit from far to experience this.


Saturday, sunny t-shirt day and off we go to the unspoilt West Coast Sea Village of Yzerfontein,approximately 80 km from Cape Town. The main reason is that it is one of the first accessible places to find the 'wild' daisies and vygies:http://www.plantzafrica.com/ .


I've managed to create a weak spot for flowers with house - hubby because he only tackles the West Coast for abalone, crayfish and fish but now he says he feels like a criminal the minute he puts on his flippers, the logistics for recreational diving are unmentionably sad. So compensation came disguised as fish for lunch with amazing sea view and not a breeze...


Anyway, back to the blommetjies, we found them, different variety of patches, no carpets of colourful outbursts of once a year spring show offs; faces following the sun.





Can you imagine what the "Impressionist" artists like Claude Monet would have done with this; an absolute field day...





Just slightly closer

Close up

and all varieties in one frame, the daisies and the vygie. [see above for link]

The rest I'm keeping for later because rumour has it these are the last of the season, glad we caught them and the sun and the time...

2 comments:

Steffi said...

The pictures of the 'wild' daisies are so nice!I love it!It must be great to see such " wild daisies in the nature!Beautiful!I know I wrote already that you could buy such daisies in spring at my work for my money...and you can see it in nature!Perfect!
I like visit your link .It´s very interesting to see how many diffrent sorts of plants you have in S.A.
I hope to hear from you again,Anja!

Greetings,Steffi

Steffi said...

Have a nice weekend,Anja!