Friday, August 15, 2008



We need colour, tons and tons of it. How many tons are these whales again? Their sightings in False Bay still very elusive to my eyes, have not spotted a single one yet. Although if you check the link of the whale route/heritage, there are people spotting whales in False Bay as we speak. So for now I use table mats that I found some time ago by Elmien Kotze where one can appreciate the "naive" approach in her artwork.


Arum Lilies, our indigenous bulbs, flowering in abundance everywhere except in my garden. Tons of them, to me a sure sign of spring being just around the corner. So, once there is more sun I'll be chasing tons of 'Namaqualand' daisies, carpets full of colour, every time it just takes your breath away. It's time for a whale of a weekend...

1 comment:

Steffi said...

Very beautiful colourful picture!I hope Anne see some whales too when she is in S.A..It´s a interesting post again,Anja!
Thank you!Have a nice weekend!

Steffi