Thursday, August 21, 2008




Promise of my own strawberries and whipped cream?


Blossom of a myrtle.

The arrival of Spring: Just like bulbs finding their passage to burst into a display of colour and fragrance, green buds unfolding from 'dead-like' twigs and millions of fruit blossoms filled with pollen awaiting the birds and the bees to promise the bearing of all delicious summer fruits; we celebrate the arrival of my one & only sister from many moons and springs ago, today. Just like the burst of spring, nothing can describe that little bundle of energy that unfolded and grew in front of our eyes and into our hearts.

Happy Birthday little, big sister. [the tallness]

So with the 'tools' available to us today we can now move beyond the birthday card tradition! We take chicken wire mesh heart, some butterflies [flutterby's], flowers, a wind still day [tricky, as they only a handful around here], a camera and action.





I think tradition still prevails, candles on a cake... but hey; my sis keeps me on my tip toes: totally up to date and warns me to 'chill out' all at the same time. So when can we close this distance of 1500 km?... Enjoy... Alles Gute...


3 comments:

Steffi said...

Hi Anja!Wow...your strawberries begin to bloom!And our strawberries are already without fruits and start to be brown!I love strawberries!

Happy birthday to your sister!I hope she has a nice birthday!

Greetings,Steffi

Unknown said...

YAY
Thanks for sweet Birthday wishes little big sis .
and thanks Steffi I did have a great day .

Anonymous said...

I have flue... and immediately feel better after reading this!