Friday, July 25, 2008

A 360 degree view of Kalk Bay harbour, no video.

The entrance/exit to the sea. This is the calmest it can be. {spiegelglatt, mirror like}




Mountains towards Simonstown in the background.





In the background the start of the seaside village of Kalk Bay.





A very characterful, authentic Cape way of doing things at Kalk Bay harbour. The fish, Snoek, has been cleaned and gets hung to dry.









Snoek: a traditional Cape fish, long and silvery and slightly oily. There are numerous ways to prepare this fish. Personally the best is on the coals, better known as a fishbraai.


So waar is daai rooipote, die krewe, jy...{ local lingo for where is the crayfish?}

2 comments:

Steffi said...

Hello Anja, thank you for your nice pictures again.really beautiful places where you was!I wish someday in future I could go for a walk there too ;O)):Have a nice weekend!I will write on weekend a e-mail!

Steffi

Steffi said...

Hello my dear Anja!I wish you a nice week! Here is it so hot today 33°C...I will write you back it´s promise!

Steffi