Thursday, June 10, 2010


World Cup Soccer 2010
Well, its here: 20 hours to "kick off ", the biggest event to be hosted on the African Continent, the Fifa World Cup Soccer 2010 and the fever is picking up.

Cape Town is eerily quite, so its true about the sleepy town...lol...its more like the quite before the storm. Well, people are working and we quickly popped in to town and the V&A Waterfront, lovely sunny windless beauty of a day; absolutely "chilling", not much traffic, no queues, just smiley, happy people. First World facilities are suddenly all in place and everyone and everything is ready willing and able and waiting for the major onslaught.

I must admit our time was very limited but the few snapshots I managed really wanted me to stay and party, you could feel the vibe... and this post is for Anne, who so dearly wanted to be here but all you do is blow your vuvuzela to kiss the African sky and you are here... enjoy...















Unpacking a sculpture.

I had to add this, my dog -child, Clyde, decided to shred my other dog-child, Bonnie's, soccer ball to pieces, just to make a point that tennis-balls rule, regardless....

Attitude....






1 comment:

Steffi said...

Great photo´s!I love them!Anne is full in "SA fever"....She is missing everything and she wish she could celebrating there the Worldcup.She is wearing her "Bafana" Shirt and has a Vuvu...Her thoughts are in SA!
Have a nice worldcup!Greetings to all and I hope to hear from you again(I will write a letter...)

Hugs,Steffi