Thursday, March 12, 2009


We are experiencing some pretty hot days in the Western Cape and in this moment in time the heat is starting to warp my brain works. All I want to do is take my goggles, snorkel and flippers and put this head under in tropical water. {Glug, glug, glug} Just escape for some time and look for Nemo. {Animation}http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finding_Nemo and all those other colourful, exotically, patterned fish that are so curiously cute that you cannot help but smile. Oops and there the water starts seeping through the mask, did no one tell you not to smile or move a facial muscle under water???


The Atlantic water unfortunately does not really tickle my snorkelling habits. The Aquarium at the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront in Cape Town http://www.aquarium.co.za/ has fine examples of our oceans specimen in their tanks, I know it’s not the same but they are impressive never the less.

Triggerfish with cleaning companions at the aquarium.





Atlantic Ocean specimen like the yellow tail, the cape salmon, red stompneus all happy in this tank with kelp.


So, while we getting the last of the hotter than hot summer days with some strange autumn leaves lurking around to remind us in what season we are actually in, let me join the rest that are squarreling {squirreling} around and go to that big “pool”{ the ocean} with waves to cool down. {Blub, blub}

1 comment:

Steffi said...

Very beautiful pictures and a nice post,Anja!Anne told me about this aquarium too because she would like to visiting it too.
I know you have very hot weather at the moment.I hope ypou have always a cool drink in your near...Such temperatures like yours are definitive too hot for me.We have here rainy and grey days...

Greetings,Steffi